Cancellations by Companions
If my companion cancels before the travel or meeting, how is the reimbursement to me calculated?
Travel-Escorts takes booking cancellations by our companions very seriously as it gives a negative experience to customers. To ensure a smooth and secure process, all cancellations must be processed by our company.
- If your companion cancels the booking before traveling and/or meeting you and you have sent a reservation fee to our company, you are eligible to receive a full refund of the reservation fee. Alternatively, Travel-Escorts will help you to find another companion.
- If you have transferred funds to us for booking travel tickets for your companion and these tickets have already been booked and paid by us, a refund from our company to you for those travel expenses is excluded. Therefore, it’s wise to add a travel insurance when booking air tickets. If a travel insurance doesn’t exist, we can assist you with changing the flight or name of the passenger so that you can maybe use the ticket in another way.
- Our company doesn’t take over any responsibility for payments that you have made to third parties for your own or our companion’s travel or accommodation expenses or other expenses related to the booking. We don’t refund for payments to third parties and advice to use travel insurances.
- Regardless of the cancellation policy, our companions themselves are responsible for returning any payment for their companionship they may have received from you in advance. The companion is not eligible to receive a payment from any bookings they have cancelled before having met with the customer.
- If the reason for the cancellation by the companion is not illness and no other convincing reason is given, Travel-Escorts may stop collaborating with the companion.
Special Cancellation Policies
In the event of bereavement within the family (mother, father, husband/wife, sister, brother, child) and cancellation more than 24 hours before the meeting the customer will be reimbursed the full reservation fee. A death certificate is required as proof.